The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Friday, February 6, 2015

Come and See

We've made up a list of "phases" of this adventure and we are now in phase 2!  Phase 1 consisted of selling the house, packing and putting everything we own into storage pods.  It also included "camping out" in our house for a week with air mattresses and sleeping bags, a very empty house, and no fridge.

Now we are spending a week in Birch Bay for phase 2.  Last year I said to Darren, "Will we keep this timeshare at Birch Bay when we go to Sacred Road?  Are missionaries allowed to have timeshares?"  He told me to wait and that we would revisit it later.  As the months went by and our house sold, it became apparent that we would need a place to stay between when we had to be out of our house and when we would go to Colorado.  Providentially our Birch Bay timeshare week fell in this exact time.  I was reminded once more of how God is orchestrating everything.  His timing is perfect.

Another blessing we experienced was this past Sunday morning.  We attended Wiser Lake Chapel Church in Lynden, WA.  We often attend this church when we are staying at Birch Bay.  We were invited to share about Sacred Road during the church service.  Interestingly, the call to worship was from John 1:35-39 which is this:  Philip found Nathaniel and told him, 'We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote -- Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.'  'Nazareth?  Can anything good come from there?' Nathaniel asked.  "Come and see", said Philip.

The "come and see" part is Sacred Road's slogan.  We were shocked to see it first thing in their order of worship.  Darren was able to share that providentially their call to worship tied in perfectly with Sacred Road.  There was also a song called, "Come and See" that we sang during the service.  I felt like God was whispering to me, "I'm still right here, orchestrating this whole thing."  It blessed us tremendously.

As we drove away from Bothell last Friday, a friend slipped "Streams in the Desert" (a devotional book) into my hands.  Would you believe the very first day that I read was about the Lord renewing His people through spiritual refreshment.  The verse was, "I will be like the dew to Israel."  Hosea 14:5.  I read how nature is bathed in dew just as the Lord renews His people.  It mentioned about attempting to minister without eating of the heavenly manna.  (What a good reminder for me as I head to Sacred Road.  How can I attempt to minister when I have not fed on His Word?)  I read how it is not sufficient to have spiritual nourishment only occasionally.  Spiritual dew comes from lingering in the Master's presence.  (Another conviction....sometimes I get too caught up with my "to do" list and don't stop to "linger in the Master's presence".)  

I'm so thankful for Phase 2.  This week has been a special gift from the Lord.  It has been a blessing to stop the busyness and listen to the Master.  There have been several very good lessons I have needed to learn.

And in just two days we begin Phase 3 as we head to Colorado Springs for missionary training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment