The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Friday, January 23, 2015

Shedding a Few Tears


There are tears today as I look at the clock just now and think of Emily.  It is 10:20 a.m. and she is finishing up her last day at Cedar Park High School.  There were tears last night at bedtime as she and I talked and prayed about today.  I thanked the Lord for giving my daughters willing hearts to leave so many things behind....special friends, favorite teachers, classes, routines we are familiar with.

Two nights ago Rachel babysat her cousins and she told me she was going to miss them so much.  I felt myself on the verge of tears.  We are going to miss grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles. 

There were good-byes at co-op yesterday and tears pricked my eyes throughout most of the day.  I'm going to miss this little world I've been in.  

I think we may have just entered one of the hard parts of this journey.   The verse going through my head today is:  "Whoever loses His life for my sake, will find it,"  (Matthew 16:25).

As I'm typing this, my phone is beeping with texts.  One is from a friend saying she is praying for me and asking how am I doing?  Another friend is texting saying she is making a huge batch of spaghetti sauce and can we use some for a dinner next week.  Providential?  Absolutely.  God is amazing.  His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching me. 

It's time to wipe these tears off because Darren is texting me right now saying the storage PODS are on their way! 

Thank you all for walking with us, caring for us, praying for us and cheering us on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment