The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Friday, February 6, 2015

See Yah Soon

These past few weeks have been nothing short of hard. I’ve said so many goodbyes to friends and family that I know I won’t see for months, if not much longer. While it’s been very easy to stay absorbed in the emotions of leaving, I ran across some journal entries of my time on the Rez during the summer and was thoroughly encouraged. It reminded me of so many feelings that you can only get while loving with Christ’s love. Piggy back rides, chalk decorations, and water fights flooded through my mind and created a feeling of anxiety to get back there. Even though I can barely picture my life away from here, I know I can’t picture my life without the Yakama Rez. I can’t express how privileged I feel to serve the Lord in this way.

With that, I’m so grateful for friends and family who are praying for us and encouraging us as we adventure forward.

Isaiah 41:8-13
But you, Israel, my servant,
 Jacob whom I have chosen,
 the offspring of Abraham, my friend;
you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
 and called from its farthest corners,
 saying to you, “you are my servant,
 I have chosen you and not cast you off”:

 fear not for I am with you;
 be not dismayed for I am your God;
 I will strengthen you, I will uphold you,
 I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

 Behold all who are incensed against you
 shall be put to shame and confounded;
 those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish.
 You shall seek those who contend with you,
 but you shall not find them;
 those who war against you shall be as nothing at all.

 For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand;
 it is I who say to you “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment