The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Saturday, March 22, 2014

"My ways are not your ways," says the Lord.

I've been thinking about our church's mission trip to White Swan this summer.  Thinking about it with a sense of irony.

I've scheduled about 8 pre-trip meetings for the team.  I'm sure I'm looking forward to them more than the rest of the team.

I'm looking forward to spending time on the Reservation.  Seeing kids like Jay, Michael, Lucas, Marcus, Skyler, Keanu.  These children made in the image of God that the world has forgotten.  Looking forward to working on a service project to show a bit of the love of Christ to a family that is beyond forgotten.  I'm actually sad that our trip goes over the 4th of July and we will only have four days of Kid's Club instead of five.

I'm looking forward to seeing the staff too.  I think of myself as one of them even though I'm not yet.  I want to share with them the good things and the bad.  I want to see how the Lord is working and using them in the lives of the Yakamas.  And to see how the Lord is working in the lives of the staff.  I pray the Lord is doing as much in their hearts as He has done in my heart the last few months.

What is so ironic is that I didn't even want to go on the last trip.  I thought I was going to spend all my time on the work team and others were going to work with the kids.  I thought I had more important things to do than that trip.

Good thing the Lord is smarter than I am.  Good thing He is faithful to those that sometimes are not faithful to Him.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment