The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

God's Chosen Fast

One of my favorite passages of Scripture right now is Isaiah 58 which is one of the focus chapters for Sacred Road's mission. I love the reminder that it gives to us that God's chosen fast for us is to help the oppressed and needy and to loose the bonds of wickedness. On those days when I'm feeling discouraged, this gives me the encouragement I need to bring my sight back on fulfilling the task that God has set before me.

“Is not this the fast that I choose:
    to loose the bonds of wickedness,
    to undo the straps of the yoke,
to let the oppressed[b] go free,
    and to break every yoke?
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
    and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
    and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
    and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
    the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
    you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’

1 comment:

  1. I love these verses! Sometimes it is so hard to remember that in our easy lives now, but I am so thankful and excited for you all going out, and I pray that your light will break forth like the dawn, and that the glory of the Lord will protect you. We have an awesome GOD!!

    ReplyDelete