The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Confessions from a Future Missionary Kid

I've been learning and studying a lot on St. Augustine these past few months, and in that time, I have been completely awed by this man's awareness of the holiness and splendor of our God. From a wretched, sinful man, to a holy, Christian Saint, Augustine had an amazing comprehension of the Lord. I am blessed to have an insight into his joy and faith that he put into words as I've been reading his Confessions.

As I've been reading Augustine's book, it has a different meaning to me than it might to most. The comfort and blessing of our journey to Sacred Road is sustained in my heart as I learn more about the majestic, merciful, awesome Father in heaven. This book has been just what I have needed to help me through some doubts during the past month.

If you haven't read John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress or Augustine's Confessions, I highly suggest that you do. When I face trials on the Rez, I really think these two books will encourage me and I know they will encourage you.

St. Augustine has been such a light for me in this journey.There is no doubt that the Lord has been at work in my heart while reading, and that He has been showing me that I can fulfill His call.

No comments:

Post a Comment