The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Friday, May 15, 2015

Faithfulness and Friendship

"Are you making friends?" is a question I am asked frequently. It's not an easy question to answer, but it makes me stop and think about the people the Lord has put in my life. My favorite answer to that question is a story from Youth Group a few weeks ago. When we all break into smaller groups after worship upstairs, the high school girls go downstairs to look more deeply at the passage of scripture we read upstairs. We are able to think about how it applies to each of our lives individually. Because I am very new to the group, I don't feel as connected with the other girls, some of whom have been coming for years. It has been an adjustment to get used to feeling new and slightly awkward, and while I know God has called me here, I can't help but feel slightly out of place.

God's faithfulness has been a major theme for me this past year, but He never fails to remind me of His faithfulness when I need it most! Before the discussion time officially began on Tuesday night, the girl sitting next to me took my binder and started writing on it, hiding it from me as she wrote. I was honestly really curious, wondering what she would think to write on the blank front of my new binder. As she handed it back, I could read Welcome 101: Love you! written in red sharpie. It sounds simple, but it felt like the closest thing to friendship and it still does.

He is faithful, and He will surely do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment