The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Sunday, November 22, 2015

He's Enough.

Tonight I tied a shoelace.
I asked to tie it.
She let me and stood for a few seconds.
I wish I prayed silently over her in those few seconds, but I didn't. I regret that I didn't.
She told me, softly, gently, "My teacher does that too," when I double knotted it.
Were those seconds of twisting the lace and tying it two times over - were they enough?
Were they enough? Were they enough? I think tonight.
Did those seconds count?
I pray she sees Christ at work.
I pray she'll know His hope.
I pray she'll believe that He is the healer of hurts: the shoelace master.
I pray I'll see Christ at work, even in the tying of tonight's shoelace.
I pray I'll have faith to believe that what He ordains is good - and enough.
I pray I'll believe that because of what He has done on the cross, it is enough for now.
Enough until His fullness is revealed.

I pray I'll believe that it is enough until His fullness is revealed.

1 comment: