The Maxfields

The Maxfields

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Facing the Battle

Getting used to 100 degree weather every day is not my favorite. Waking up at 7 each morning in the summer isn’t either. Facing daily battles of doubt brought on by the enemy is definitely not easy. Observing and processing extreme poverty in lives that I love dearly has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. 

However, my favorite thing about moving, my first choice of anything I could be doing, is seeing God working through me and using me in visible ways. Not many fourteen-year-olds get to observe and live that. Teaching Christ’s love is by far the biggest blessing I have experienced. My faith is being refined and tested, and I’m learning more every day. At church last Sunday, a nine-year-old from the small group that I help lead asked me, “Rachel, if we believe in God, do we have to believe in the devil?” A little panic shot through me. My answer was something like, “well, we know from the Bible that Jesus died for our sin and the devil tempts us to sin. We do believe that the devil is real, but we don’t believe in him. We believe and trust in God because we know that he died to free us from the devil.”

How often do fourteen-year-olds get to answer questions like that? 

Please pray for more opportunities for questions like these and wisdom for answers. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Rach. God is working in you, and through you, to make change that is glorifying to Him! I can't imagine how exhausted and hot you all must be this week. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete