What a crazy year it's been! There are so many things that we have to be thankful for. On this Thanksgiving Day I thought we'd list a few of the things the Lord has done in our lives this year.
1. My firm has been especially gracious to us. The long period of transition has enabled us to raise funds while at the same time providing for a proper transition to clients to others at the firm.
2. So many people have been encouraging and supporting of us as we've told them what we are doing. Particularly my clients that are affected negatively by the change.
3. I'm thankful for our family, parents and siblings, that has been behind us 100%.
4. It was great to have our Exile church family join us on a mission trip to Sacred Road last July. And now to see even more people signed up to go this next summer. To have our brothers and sisters in Christ coming alongside is amazing.
5. Susie and the girls spent three weeks on the Reservation in July and August. It was a make or break period of time and the Lord used it to strengthen and confirm our calling to join Sacred Road.
6. Yesterday, within two weeks of putting our house on the market, we signed papers to sell. In November to sell within two weeks? Praise God!
7. Raising funds has been an amazing experience. People have responded like we never would have expected. We have been able to tell hundreds of people about the ministry of Sacred Road.
8. We are thankful to be nearly to the end of this stage of this transition period. The Lord has been so good this year. But having feet in both worlds has been difficult for all of us.
9. I am thankful that my two girls, ages 14 and 16, are excited to serve the Yakama Nation in White Swan. While leaving suburban life has it's difficulties, they want to serve the Lord.
10. I'm thankful for books like Don't Waste Your Life, by John Piper and Radical:Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream, by David Platt. They encourage believers to take risks for the glory of God.
11. I'm thankful for books like Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World, by Michael Horton that stress how important regular, consistent, obedient church life is in the life of every believer.
Above all, I'm excited the Lord has placed this call upon us. What an amazing experience to be in a place in which we daily know that the Lord is working on our behalf. And while we know that He does that in the life of every believer we have been able to see Him in action in amazing ways this year.
"And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, 'Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.'" Revelation 7:11-12